FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:30 pm
Townshend

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by Smicken
I'm a happy JetSmarter member and considering flying to London in January. Question I have for anyone who has flown it is what are the advantages/disadvantages to flying this over Air France first class or British Air or Virgin? Seats do not lie flat on JetSmarter which is not good but what is the situation with customs especially coming back into Westchester? Are the flights quiet? Any other help would be appreciated.
I can only speak on the Westchester to Luton flight, it was rather pleasant. As far as if it is worth it, for myself, the answer is yes if it's half full, no otherwise. There were four of us on board and I was able to stretch out and the FA had gotten a request ahead of time to make up beds for two of the passengers on board. Clearing customs at Luton was nothing at all; a woman boarded the flight, asked for my passport, then said ok have a good night! I called an UberX and an hour and £42.86 later I was at my hotel, Grosvenor House in Mayfair. Ahead of the flight I had to send a scanned copy of my passport and a Remote Clearance Form from UK Border Force. I suspect there is a similar setup entering the US. Flight time to London was around 6 hours.
Attached Images