FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:41 pm
T-15.01

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Smicken
I'm a happy JetSmarter member and considering flying to London in January. Question I have for anyone who has flown it is what are the advantages/disadvantages to flying this over Air France first class or British Air or Virgin? Seats do not lie flat on JetSmarter which is not good but what is the situation with customs especially coming back into Westchester? Are the flights quiet? Any other help would be appreciated.
I've heard the straight comparison from a cost/benefit perspective in the London flights is just not there for JS. The service level including pre and post boarding for regular and generally speaking daily flights in first class is far superior to having to helicopter first to Westchester and then land in Luton or vice versa. By the time you actually reach Manhattan or Kensington the time saving is negligible. Not having lie flat is clearly a disadvantage. If they capped the internationals to 6 people maybe it would work where each person who wants to, could lie down but a Gulfstream 450 vs a wide body jet is a poor comparison. One is small and narrow, one is roomy and spacious. At the price and all things considered, for me there is no question. First class commercial all the way.

Last edited by T-15.01; Dec 26, 2016 at 4:42 pm Reason: .