FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mail in your old paper certificates - no matter how old!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:51 pm
MCOisHOME2ME
Suspended

Mail in your old paper certificates - no matter how old!

On another thread, we have been discussing the fact that AirTran certs, allegedly, expired in 12 months from the date they were earned (although, the only place I've been able to confirm this is in the online FAQs - can't find any T&C's anywhere).

Well, not knowing that things were supposed to expire every 12 months, I've been saving old paper certs from waaaayyyyy back because I just don't fly AirTran (which will always be ValuJet to me) very often. But, I mailed in my old certs last week, just put my A+ number on each of them and dropped them in an envelope.

Well, today I checked my balance, which had been siting at 3.5 credits, and was shocked to see that it had ballooned to 19.7 credits! The paper certs were from March 2000, December 2000 and January 2001! Furthermore, rather than 1 credit for each paper cert, they gave me 2.7 (bizzare number) credits for each paper cert. Each was labled"

American Express Bonus Confirmation # XXXX, Jan 2001, ATL-MCO 2.7

Now, my next question, since I have enough for a RT coach seat - how transferrable are these little buggers?