FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Dec 24, 2016, 3:34 am
Unterwegs

IC Sydney (the old one)

IC Sydney (the old one)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes (two visits inside two weeks)

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked cheapest, got corner room with view to harbor, opera house

How are the rooms?

Normal size rooms, not extremely spacious. Bathroom with shower/bathtub combination. Rooms were well kept but showing age.

How is the exec. lounge?

Great. Impressive view. Good selection of food/drink for breakfast and happy hour. Lounge can be extremely busy and then service is extremely slow and they forget to bring some of the items you ordered.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Bottle of red, small fruit basked, tiny box with two cookies (same for both visits), small boomerang / kangaroo pin

How was the minibar?
Below average. Only one diet drink in a tiny bottle.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Was able to check in at 7:50 am, got a room without view first and then the final room in the afternoon
- Club lounge as long as it is not overcrowded
- View and location

Bad
- Breakfast in main restaurant is below the typical IC standard both in quality and selection. The space is too small for the number of guests and service is slow and not attentive.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

The hotel is a bit on the expensive side, even for Sydney. With the club upgrade it is ok, but otherwise it would be too expensive.

Would you return?

Likely yes as long as they did not cut down more on the benefits and I get my RA status renewed. Otherwise there are other nicer hotels in Sydney. I still remember the old days several years ago when you got club plus suite.