FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Bristol, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Apr 24, 2004, 6:57 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hotel Bristol Vienna [Master Thread]

Directions. From arrival go down to the basement of VIE. Look for the S Bahn escalator down. A 24 hour ticket was 5 euros. Stamp in machine to begin use. Take the S7 to Wien Mitte. When you exit you can take the lift down to the U platforms. Take line U4 towards Karlsplatz. When you exit it will be a little walk via shops to the exit. The one right near the front entrance to the Bristol is not marked Opera. Rather Karntner Ring. Take it up. You are here.

I arrived early from MUC. Too early. So my upgraded room/suite was not ready. I took a single and it was a single in the mean time. Just given large room on 6th (highest) floor. Not suite IMHO. The room already had bottled water, fruits and some other stuff with a walk out balconey. Nice dated room. No high speed connection as I noted in room.

I am in the business center which is different than before. Seems to be self serve now. When you arrive into center call the front desk. They will ask your name and room number. They say they will send someone to log you in with password. No one came. So I did it myself by opening ie and clicking connect. Seems to be highspeed but looked like it would be a modem connection. 5 euros. Have no idea if that is for a session or day.

There is no Club lounge. So that becomes a minus. I remember it being staffed by a nice friendly lady on my last trip.

I was going to pay for this stay. I am now on cash and points. What a deal. 4000 SPG points and $60 US. A great bargain. Enjoy.