FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mypoints - is it worth the trouble?
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:16 am
ITravelThereforeIam

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
hafta say I LIKE mypoints. Signed up years ago and usually deleted the emails...then ONE day, i got an invitation from Hilton HHonors to upgrade to Gold for one year for free...well thank you! That year I booked my company's conferences into Hiltons, Doubletrees and Embassy Suites around the country...the boss was irked when I got to use the gym for free and had comp upgrades to the concierge level, but it was fun...Now that I am older and wiser, i get those perks built into the contract for me AND the boss, but I also continue to earn the Hiltonpoints...including regular meeting planner bonuses (who knew)....all thanks to My points! And even better - the hilton honors program led me to a temporary upgrade to silver elite on NW/CO, which may not be much to you guys who are ALL metal ALL the time, but it sure warmed the cockles of my poor little heart to be upgraded to first class on 8 out of the 12 flights I took during that time!! all goes back to myppoints!

OTOH....I only have about 4K worth of mypoints..mostly reading email, signing up for samples, Office Depot, referring a friend or two...i do pretty well on the HH now with work, so I think i will cash the mypoints in on Starbucks cards rather than anything else - ...i am gonna drink the coffee anyway, might as well be for "free."