FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: Amanpuri and Trisara, Phuket, Thalland
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:19 am
scented

I still think Puri has some of the best resort F&B on earth... haven't had a bad meal there, ever. I've mentioned this in the past and I believe it still holds true.

It is interesting to see this perspective of Trisara. It was a bit problematic when Anthony Lark had left for a while to oversee the development, but I thought after his return service was back warm and caring.

I know these stays where you miss that certain staff member who can turn things around. Always comes down to the human factor at the end of the day. Trisara is ahead of things I believe, think the great new spa and even chemical-free laundry, but judging your report it sometimes lacks what we cherish the most, the care and kindness of its people.

Did Anthony drop by? I assume not, since you mention you were in touch with the FOM towards the end. Sometimes things don't go very well when the stay lacks a gracious host.

I hope someone from the Trisara team reads this forum and your review, as it would certainly help them grow. With so many hospitality groups reading this forum these days, who knows! Even 'Russia' keeps an eye out for certain threads...

PS: If anything, your report and remarks re Iniala really make me book a stay there - a place, judging their interior design choices, I would have never considered. Most grateful for that!