FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:53 pm
mh3265a

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
A FTer gave me a heads up this property is bookable January 25, 2017. It's a Category 5, which is a good use of certs, as opening rates are near $400/night. Rooms look lovely on the website.

"Phu Quoc is the largest island of Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand and just a 50 minutes flight from Ho Chi Minh City. 15 minutes away from the International Duong Dong Airport, the JW resort is located right on pristine Khem Beach at Emerald Bay."

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...esort-and-spa/

"Be amongst the first to discover the pristine island of Phu Quoc, a hidden lush paradise off the southern coast of Vietnam. Travel back to the bygone era of the early 20th century with Bill Bensley's whimsical design and exquisite detail in all 243 rooms, suites, and villas.Experience culinary wonder at the resort's 3 restaurants and contemporary bars. Our talented chefs source local fresh produce and the finest ingredients from the world market, masterfully preparing authentic flavors. A wide range of enriching experiences are waiting to be explored, from cultural events, artisanal shopping experience, ultimate indulgence at Spa by JW, to water activities at the resort's private beachfront."
Just saw this listed online. My wife and I are travelling to Vietnam in March and I've booked us at the Hyatt Regency in Da'nang but I might switch to the JW Marriott in Phu Quoc. Not a lot of information about the opening or what amenities the property will have. A little leery about booking so close to the actual opening but wondering if people have any more intel on the property. Not a ton of good sources online....

Last edited by mh3265a; Dec 30, 2016 at 2:11 pm