FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Years in Panama, PTY
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:22 pm
TObject

Thank you everybody, very helpful information. A few more questions:

1. How to pronounce the “oo” in the Panama City destinations such as: Calle Van Hook, Av. Roosevelt, Albrook
Is on case-by case basis? For example, Is it Allbr-U-k, or Albr-OH-OH-k?

2. I am having hard time figuring out which Metro stations are operational, and which ones are planned. The official website is confusing. Is there an up-to date map or a list of operational stations somewhere?

3. What is the interval between buses for the “Albrook – Esclusas de Miraflores” route? I gather the bus operates from 6 am to 5 pm. But is there an actual schedule posted somewhere?

4. What are the best places to shop for clothes in Panama City? Summer clothes, something locals would wear to go out.

5. How strict is the dress code for men in bars and clubs. I hear jeans are welcome. Are fashion/lifestyle sneakers ok or dress shoes required?

6. How is the American Express acceptance in Panama City? Posts from five years or so ago indicate that not so good. Still the same?

7. Is it going to rain for New Years? The dry season should start in December, should it not? How uncomfortable is the rain?

8. Last, but not least, I kept checking the Hotel El Panama website for information about the New Year party, and there were no updates. Then, when searching for unrelated tickets online, I came across Ticketplus selling tickets to “EL CONTEO PANAMA Hotel El Panama”:

http://ventas.ticketplus.com.pa/even...es.asp?evt=580

I am confused. Is anybody familiar with the event? I am staying at the hotel, but the tickets to the New Year party are sold separately?

Thank you