FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:28 pm
Flyerhandle

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I wish flights were still coded on First fares for the domestic segments because then it would have been a total of 1260 TPs. A 420 TP difference. Oh well. Just another thing to not look forward to.
So, as I'm understanding this, two of these insane 16 segment flights would put you in BA Gold, as long as you had at least 4 flight segments on BA metal somewhere during the year. Do you book the flights through BA or AA. On some of the LAX-PTY and LAX-UIO trips I was searching when doing MRs toward the end of the year, the flights were actually cheaper on BA, and that was not taking into account their AARP discount.

This would be a pretty cheap and easy way to hit the mark, although hoping that 16 segments go off without a hitch is the triumph of optimism over experience. But, then again, I just effectively did about four back to back MRs that were not even on the same PNR, so if I had had a real delay issue, I would have been at risk, but thankfully, the delays that did arise actually allowed me to switch to much better flight times/aircraft which would have been significantly >$ at the time of booking. Like going from a 32B to a 777-300 in F.