FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - SYD Delta Comfort vs Main Cabin
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:08 am
Travisaurus

Programs: Marriott PM, Delta DM
I've done this route several times in all cabins - if you're not able to get anything good in Comfort+ see if you can get one of the windows on row 44. Seatguru has lots of bad things to say about these seats but I'm not greatly bothered by any of them. The emergency slide really isn't that bad. Having tables in the armrests prevents the middle guy from overflowing into my seating area. I'm not worried about having a window considering 90% of the flight is dark. There's no floor storage but, I just get my backpack out of the overhead after take off - it's with me for 14 hours, then I re-stow it before landing...minimum inconvenience.

The bathroom is a curse/blessing - I like to have it close by but people do gather in front of you - then again, there's enough space in that area to hold a small cocktail party. Speaking of which, I'm a big fan of packing mini bottles in my 3-1-1 bag for this flight. It's completely acceptable to pack mini bottles that way.

Be sure to pick up your favorite booze in duty-free at SYD. Alcohol is extremely pricey in Australia.

My $.02
Travis