FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX service to DM members while traveling on economy
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:14 am
Ausriver

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I have been on a flight PEK-HKG with 40+ Diamond members before in Y class alone. This isn't Emerald, this is DM only. I forgot to ask about J. The ISM informed me she was saying hi to Diamonds only, water and meals first for Diamonds only, and that was it. No greeting for Emeralds, GOs, or anyone else.

It can get pretty crazy to/from PEK, PVG and SIN. IME, those three destinations are unlike any other in terms of # of Diamonds on board. You can get a lot to/from TPE sometimes, same with JFK, LHR and whatnot, but PEK, PVG and SIN are always in a class of their own (particularly PEK and PVG, which seem to be filled with businesspeople on all days of the week and all flights, whereas SIN some flights are clearly leisure travel). I flew back from SIN a few weeks ago in J on 773; we "only" had 11 DMs in J class alone. I don't know how many Emeralds in J, nor how many DM in the back. Same thing was followed; only DMs were given first meal preference.

The sweet spot is when you're DM and there are just a few of you.

I normally fly SYD-HKG-HGH.

With HGH, most of the time I would be the only DM.

With SYD, most of the time there would be 1-2 DMs and 2-4 OWEs (according to the little yellow sticker FA put on their trolley).

However, I've never had J meal brought to me in Y. I did request PEY meal few times when I was hungry, got it every single time. I have had J wines, cheese, nuts, etc varies times.