FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:04 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Wtravel
Agree, preclearance flights are another matter. Other than that, just give them a later flight (the server is not going to insist on physically inspecting your boarding card...) and you will be fine �� Come to think of it, no one there taking a food order has ever asked me when my flight was leaving. Maybe that is a new way of reducing catering expenses ��

As to the "buffet", I have only been there at night, and have seen some small things there, but not very appealing (never had anything, usually order off the snack menu if hungry) and it is tiny anyway. So perhaps it depends on the time of day if they put something out. But agree with the other posters, if they bother with a buffet there should be a decent offering (commensurate with the fact that it is a F lounge) at all times.
So when should I leave the lounge relative to departure time on AUH-BOM? Should I even bother trying -LAX-AUH arriving at 20:10, onward to BOM at 21:40, all in F.