FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Mistake Deals - Best Practices
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:11 pm
SOWK

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Four Seasons Mistake Rate Honoured

Booked a 2 night stay at The Four Seasons Jakarta for early February. Brand new and looks stunning.

They have a promotion now where you get your second night free in the Premier Suite. The selling rate is 5,950,000 IDR per night. Booked two nights through Preferred Partner and came out to 7,000,000 IDR with the promotion. Great I thought.

Following morning I'm showing my partner pictures of the property when I see OTA rate (booking) selling the same room with flexible cancellation for half that price! I immediately booked and confirmed the two night stay for 3,500,000 IDR taxes in.

I hadn't stumbled across this thread yet and did the unthinkable... I emailed Four Seasons for a BRG! I really wanted those preferred partner benefits with the discounted rate.

I realized shortly after emailing that it was likely a mistake rate, considering it was no longer available through any OTA (5 minutes after booking). Lucky for me, Four Seasons emailed back and said they would match the price, and honour the preferred partner benefits. They even included airport transfer as a gesture of goodwill (huh).

So for ~$260.00 USD I'm getting two nights in a Premier Suite with lounge access, free breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, $100USD F+B credit and airport transfer.

Nice.