FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:19 pm
jvde

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Expedia send me an email saying that the flights that have changed are under full control of AZ and that they don't allow a refund and I have to contact AZ myself....

They did fully refund the flights that haven't been touched by AZ, so if you want to ensure you get your money back 'quickly' you may be better of not waiting for AZ to touch them. At this point I hold little hope that AZ will 'miss' certain bookings, so I will cancel them the last one too.

I will contact my credit card company (AMEX) tomorrow to initiate a charge back, but in NL that is more difficult than in the US for instance.

It is a game where you sometimes lose and sometimes win, but the handling of this one is pretty bad IMHO.
I did ask Expedia about my second booking (for october) that hasn't been touched yet which was confirmed by the agent. I asked to refund as per the booking rules but he said they weren't allowed to because that flight also was booking through Alitalia.

Blew my mind. Booking was untouched but just because it had an alitalia segment he said he wasn't allowed to touch it .