FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enough Connection Time At FLL?
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:08 pm
Pcsl

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
As airports go, FLL is quite compact. The terminals are within easy walking distance of each other...particularly 2-4.

According to Google Maps, the approximate walking distance from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 is about 800 feet (243 meters). That's about a 4 minute walk at an average pace.

Great! That helps a lot. Now I am confident that can be done, by just looking at the map it seemed the terminals were much more far away.
If someone else took the shuttle, it would be nice to have the estimate time from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 using the shuttle

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I completely understand why you posted this here in the Florida forum. But, I think you might get a better response in the JetBlue area. Certainly, you'll get a better answer for this question.

(If you want to move the thread, you can click the "Exclamation Point" icon on the left side of your initial post. In the box that appears, you can ask the moderator to move it to the JetBlue forum.)
You are right. No problem, I will just open a new thread in there.
Thank you again!

Originally Posted by teddybear99
FLL Immigration and Customs are currently taking 1:00 to 1:15 to clear based on the tracking of flights we do for pickups in FLL on International flights. All International flights arrive in terminal 4 and the new customs area is in the area above concourse G. After clearing customs, you can go back through security at terminal 4 and cross behind security to terminal 3 or walk around the outside at the departure level. B6 does not have many flights departing around 8 pm so security lines should be light.

Just hope you won't have any suspicious items coming into the USA that might have you go through secondary inspection, and you should be fine.
Thanks! This information is helpful too. 1:00 or 1:15 is longer than I expected, that would be fine for the last leg as I will have 2:30 but not so sure about the second leg when I will have just 2:00. Hopefully not check in a bag will help to reduce that clearing time to less than one hour...

However, I'm not sure if I get you. Do you mean I can get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 by walking after clearing security and customs for my departing flight without taking a shuttle?