FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:01 pm
HalconBCN

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by amenas
Indeed 3 holes on a back side are almost evenly spaced and in a line, so it could be some kind of structure, but spikes should be long, very strong and thin. No such structure comes to my mind. I doubt it is possible to stab this way with a screwdriver (it wouldn't come through all these layers), you need something like awl.

It was impossible to notice such damage at the airport. I noticed just completely ripped plastic packing (back pack was packed to the plastic bag in Asuncion at the check-in desk), some scratches and few tiny material irregularities, looked a bit like some thread was puled (these were front/lateral holes). My first thought about these tiny material damages was that it could happen during transportation or anywhere else (e.g. trekking in a forest).

I have noticed all damages just at home, then unpacked everything. At first I noticed just one hole in a jacket and started thinking how and where this could happen on a new jacket. Later checked everything and found every item to be with tiny holes. Rolled back jackets and holes were in line, so it became 100% clear they were made while jackets were rolled (and they were rolled just during this trip while in a back pack). Lastly inspected backpack and found entrance holes. I had no travel insurance.

So you didn't notice the damage until you arrived home and started unpacking? This means the damage could have occurred somewhere between the airport and your home?