FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From a recent GGL reception ...
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:21 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
the food is generally very good (except on morning flights, when I resent having no choice other than breakfast style dishes)
Like you, I tend to dislike breakfast flights. However, to be honest, I find QR breakfasts better than BA even in F, and at least they tend to almost always include an Indian main (usually very good), which I find quite lunchy. The breakfast on my recent LHR-MIA as I mentioned earlier was really ghastly. Choices were English breakfast, tomato omelette, the driest French toast one could think of, a bacon sandwich, or a cold plate similar to the CE 'brunch' one. Not a single dish was decent. I had the full English which seemed the least bad but the scrambled eggs were the industrial carton rubbish, meats were dried/burnt and the whole plate was frankly less pleasing than your average Premier Inn cooked breakfast. The second meal was the ghastly afternoon tea - compulsory dried sandwiches, uninteresting scones, ok miniature pastries. At least, QR J offers a nicer light meals selection even on flights 4 hours shorter including salads, sandwiches, soup, etc.