FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:03 am
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
9. If you want to be well fed between Anchorage and Dallas, this airline offers a single daily two stop flight that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner enroute. One of the stops is in Los Angeles. Identify the other stop, the airline and – if you like – the aircraft flown.
I'm thinking Delta with a 727-232, with the first stop being Portland (PDX)

17. Like many small to medium sized cities, Terre Haute, Indiana (the home of the University of Notre Dame, which is competing in some sporting event on television right now and thusly spurred on this question…) was served only by propeller driven aircraft. Identify the two airlines serving HUF as well as the largest airliner flying through there in 1966.
isn't Notre Dame actually in South Bend (SBN)?
I'm highly confident that one was Lake Central; perhaps Eastern for the second ... in either case the Convair (LC with a 340, EA with a 440) was larger than the DC-3 that LC may also have operated into Hulman Field

21. In late 1966, only two U.S. airlines served Toronto. Identify the two U.S. airlines that flew into Toronto as well as where they flew there from.
how about American from LaGuardia and Eastern from Buffalo

and speaking of AA, I took my first flight on a 787 yesterday (AA 2462, LAX-DFW; N812AA)

I thought the aft-facing F seat was going to be ... well, weird ... but it really wasn't a bad experience at all, and the fact that my head was closer to the window was a major plus ... the continuously variable window darkening feature was a bit disconcerting (apparently the control software for that particular zone was on the fritz)

Last edited by jrl767; Dec 14, 2016 at 1:55 pm