FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:39 am
RTW1

Originally Posted by hailstorm
From comments alone, it would seem that you had a better stay here than at the Andaz.
If you factor in the rates, yes I did......

But as I stated, nothing bad with the Andaz except, again, the loudmouths at breakfast but I can hardly blame the property for that. I just don't like (personal) some things and I feel the room layout could have been so much better. And the location of the HR works better for me as well....

And it's also about expectations. When I arrived at the Andaz my bags were taken at the entrance only to be given back at the elevator. I'm perfectly capable (and even prefer to) carry my bags myself, but this was weird And when I left they called for a taxi to Tokyo station, but when I came downstairs it was just te regular taxi line where I still had to tell the driver where to go. So it's the little things that are annoying.

Sometimes the same can be said from the HR (like asking me if I would prefer a checkin at the lounge when I already was at the checkin counter downstairs) but there I expect some small discrepancies.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 14, 2016 at 1:47 am