FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:04 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by teddybear99
3. Back in February of 1988 I logged my only flight aboard a Hawaiian Air L-1011. It was not to, from or within the state of Hawaii. Rather, it was a domestic flight within the continental U.S. A thorough perusal of the relevant 1989 OAG reveals that nothing has changed on HA’s operations within the Continental U.S. Identify the sole route operated by Hawaiian Air L-1011s in the Continental U.S.

Seattle to/from Portland

Correct! The aircraft I flew upon was an ex-ANA machine seemingly still configured for Japanese domestic flights. Seating was tight and I was thankful that the flight was no more than 30 minutes in length. There was no First Class on that aircraft.

8. Following a beautiful autumn weekend in New York’s Westchester County, you arrive home to find a message on your answering machine requesting your assistance in completing a project down in Wichita, Kansas. Wichita? Oh no. It’s that project. Sigh… More than likely you’re going to have to make a connection through some big hub airport like Chicago or Dallas. Being a recent convert to the wisdom of astrology, you quickly check your horoscope to see what the stars have to say. Gasp! Sometimes in life you have to do things you just don’t want to do. Try to figure out a way not to do these things. Hmm… Resigned to your fate, you contact your travel agent the next morning to consider the options. Hey now… what’s this? There’s a single daily nonstop flight from LaGuardia to Wichita. No way! Way – replies your travel agent. It departs LGA this evening and there’s even a snack served enroute. Book it, Danno! Identify the airline and the aircraft operating on this route.

8. America West on a 737-300.

Correct! Did you fly this route back in the day, TB99?