FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enough Connection Time At FLL?
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:18 am
Pcsl

Enough Connection Time At FLL?

Hi!

I'm planning to travel from MEX to FLL and from there to SJU in a couple of months and then coming back from there 10 days later.
These are the flight data:

The main problem is that both are international flights so I will have to go through customs, passport control, they leave and arrive to and from different terminals... So I don't know if I will have enough time. I planned not to check a bag for the first two legs (MEX-FLL and FLL-SJU) so maybe that will make the process doable. However I will need to check a bag for the last two legs (SJU-FLL and FLL-MEX) so that will make it more difficult...

1) Do you think I could make it?

2) Flights arrive at Terminal 4 and leave from Terminal 3 at FLL. How long does it take to arrive to these terminals? I heard it goes from T4 to T1 so maybe it could be a good idea to use the parking to arrive faster to T3 (if that's possible).

3) What will I have to do with my checked bags? I think as they are international flights I will have to recheck my bags but I don't know how does work exactly in the USA.

4) Last, what happens if I miss my connection? I think I will get a seat on the next available flight but you never know with some companies...

Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!