FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:31 pm
SFOTRAVELER

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Our even-numbered floor had an ice machine as well, but we were at the opposite end of the hall (#801) which is not that long. Never heard it.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze.

The lobby is quite small, the bar is tiny, the restaurant did not look appealing. Staff was quite courteous and efficient. We were greeted warmly, even when arriving back from evenings out at 6am and 4am on two consecutive nights (mornings). ^

The room was sufficient, the bathroom floor was charcoal slate, shower and water pressure were fine. Large armoir closet. I was disappointed that the clock did not have a CD-player in it (this is a relatively inexpensive amenity for Starwood to provide), as would be umbrellas in the lobby for guests -- it poured for two of the four days.

Location is great between Times Square and the West Village. Best feature is the enormous Whole Foods market around the corner on 24th St. at 7th Avenue. I was surprised to see an outpost of this chain which we have in California, and especially so large for New York...just huge. Great place to grab your morning coffee/latte/libation, and any manner of lunch, snack, or picnic supply. Truly wonderful for packing up "eats on the go" if you are running around all day.

I would return.