FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA block Avios wine purchase
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:01 am
JamesLoughney

Programs: Delta; BA; Marriott; Hilton; Best Western; Emirates
Unhappy BA block Avios wine purchase

This time of year is when I, plus probably many others, want to use their Avios to "buy" wine on-line through the BA web site. I recognise it is a good and rare benefit that BA has provided here. Today marks the start of the third week in which it has not been possible to make a "purchase". The site allows me to select the wine sought, and put it in a basket. It has been impossible to checkout i.e. spend my Avios, complete the "purchase". This is despite many attempts over the last 14 days. BA Customer Service was notified and their response in essence is that the problem is complex, and IT is working on it. No real apology, and to cap it all, prices i.e. Avios cost displayed for my particular selection have been hiked by over 10% during this period. This BA response is very poor, and tardy, and is a Scrooge-like attempt to save costs. The IT resource clearly has been told "Guys - don't rush at this job ticket, every day we are saving money on this". Have other members had similar experiences?