FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:53 pm
GetawaysRus

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'll be staying at this hotel for a 3-day conference in early 2017. I'm wondering if it's worth bringing my wife along. The conference will keep me tied up all day, so it's a question of whether she will enjoy the hotel. I'm a newly minted low level Plat (a Marriott status match recently moved me up to Plat from my previous SPG Gold level).

From what I've read in this thread:
1. No executive lounge - that's a big minus. If that has changed, please let me know.
2. Will I be offered breakfast as a Plat amenity? If so, at least she'd be able to get something to eat in the AM. (My conference will be feeding me 3 meals a day, so I'm concerned about her).
3. It sounds like chances for a room upgrade are only so-so. I get the impression we want to be on a high floor looking out at the harbor rather than facing a building next door. It's a mid-week meeting, and I'm wondering if that might improve my chances for a room upgrade?

I don't want to screw this up. These meetings come up a few times per year and most of the previous hotels have been disappointments. So usually I don't bring her along. But the last conference was at the Hyatt Huntington Beach, which is a fabulous hotel. I sent her some photos of my room and the hotel and boy, was I in hot water for not inviting her to come along. I'd appreciate any updated comments.