FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glad to be back on CX - comparison with QR
Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:38 pm
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by brunos
QR J is basically superior in every respect if you can avoid their A330s. Food, wines and service is far superior to CX J were F&B is mediocre. Food quality, F-style presentation and service, excellent wine with huge selection, real dine-on-demand, hard-working staff from all over the world, ...

The Super Diamond seats on 787/380/350 are much more spacious than the Cirrus seat. As I usually travel with my wife, we enjoy the 777 seats which are the most spacious of all, even if of older generation and less privacy on the aisle. SO much space from head to feet. Again window sets on A3330s (except of a few A332) are awful.
I agree with almost everything here. For me, 1-2-1 layout is far preferable to 2-2-2 regardless of the aircraft or an extra inch or two; and I'll go out of my way to get it.

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
What I personally don't like that the screens on QR aren't touch screens...so you have to use the remote to go through the selections, unlike on CX.
OTOH, what I don't like about touch screens is that you have to be close enough to touch them. I'd much rather (and, in fact do) sit back in my seat without leaning forward to manage the video.