FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:52 pm
oc2005
Suspended

Originally Posted by alluu
Since the new program doesn't start until March 1, does that mean if I spend $20,000 and $40,000 on my Chase Hyatt card before March 1 (between January 1 and February 28) that I would still receive 5 nights and an additional 5 nights credited towards my 2017 total nights?
I asked my Hyatt Concierge this and he said that they do NOT count toward 2017 re-qualification. I'm not sure if they would count for qualifying by February 28th though (the blogs say yes).

Getting rid of the Hyatt CC spend credit along with losing the Diamond amenity and requiring current Diamonds to have 60 nights vs. 55 this first year are the final straws in my book, after having Diamond most years since 2004. I was originally planning on 80 to 100+ nights this year with Hyatt before WOH came out (all at full service properties), then thought I'd just do 45 (plus my 10 from the CC spend) to try out Globalist for a year or two, but given these latest developments, instead I just booked almost 50 nights with Airbnb/VRBO type sites that would have usually gone to Hyatt, booked 400K in award nights to start burning Hyatt points, then will start trying out SPG/Ritz Carlton and Fairmont (using Virtuoso and Chase Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection to get free breakfast when possible). Maybe I'll come back in a few years if things improve, but I kind of like the idea of actually staying at the closest, nicest hotel rather than driving an extra 30-40 miles or staying at an inferior property.