FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:42 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Herb687
Interesting. As near as I can tell from a quick read, the OP of that thread wasn't even involved in a late checkout situation. Seems it happened between nights 1 and 2 of a 2-night stay? Truly bizarre incompetence on the part of that hotel. Regardless, the hotel in question was in Europe. And another hotel mentioned on that thread is in Singapore.

If people on this thread want to think that there's any significant risk of US Starriott properties unilaterally evacuating the belongings of elites who stay until 4pm, have at it. Be meek and let the hotel's non-compliance with the late check out benefit slide. I, on the other hand, will be the guy staying comfortably in my room until 1600!
Of course that is your prerogative, as it is their's to attempt to evict you. Different jurisdictions have different laws and heaven only know if MR/SPG will support you or the hotel. Keys might expire and getting back in could be problematic. 99% of the time you will probably be fine as long as you stay in the room. Knowing the possible issues will help you evaluate your risk tolerance and the choice you make.