FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:58 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

....and of course I am equally excited about my First Class return travel aboard Japan Airlines. Associates will be met along the way and presumably good food and drink will be enjoyed both on the ground and in the air.
Carnac The Magnificent (as played by the late, great Johnny Carson): "Sushi, sashimi and sake extraordinaire....."

The late, great Ed McMahon (Johhny's long time sidekick on The Tonight Show): "What will Seat 2A hopefully experience on board JAL in the front cabin?"

The Tonight Show was taped at the NBC studios in Burbank (which is not very far from my hometown of Pasadena) in southern California.

So with SoCal in mind, here's a quiz item:

In the fall of 1978, Golden West Airlines was operating a hub operation at LAX. Nonstop and direct service was operated with turboprop equipment to twelve different destinations. Name them all. And for bonus points, identify the aircraft types Golden West was operating at this time. ANSWERED

And now back to my holiday concoction of egg nog and top shelf rum from Guyana on a beautiful but chilly Saturday afternoon following our first freeze of the season earlier this morning.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Last edited by jlemon; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reason: answer update