FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:08 pm
chriswortley5

Originally Posted by chriswortley5
Very disappointed to read about the cuts in lounge service, I'm basically only going with Etihad because they opened a new lounge and its very positive reviews.

Will be there at 11am and especially as its a Friday (next week) what can I expect in terms of passenger volume and services?

I'm a bit of a review geek so will post my experience.
Follow up. Quite impressed with the lounge, warm welcome, private room available (great for our baby to sleep/play in) and great service all round. Only about 5-6 guests visited during my 2 hours at 10 am on a Friday with about 20 staff. Indeed no buffet (I'm guessing they got fed up with nobody using it!)

I love the presumptiveness of the service in first class "your champagne sir, I've ordered you some tapas while you decide what you would like to eat" then she promptly arrives back, removes the ornaments (that our 15 month old could damage) and replaces them with toys.

I agree its probably not the world's best lounge and a transiting passenger may prefer the business lounge. I'm surprised at the recent reports of poor service and would have expected a transiting guest to immediately be offered a quick snack.