FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glad to be back on CX - comparison with QR
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyPointyEnd

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by carmy
Sounds about the same for me, as GO. Had a chat with a friend just last night about CX; we are both GO at about 1,000 club points. Both of us could easily make DM if we wanted to, but we agreed it just didn't make any sense.

We don't use the checkin counter, mostly traveling only with carry on bags. We don't use the lounge, and mostly prefer to arrive just on time. We haven't seen any difference in how the airline treated us as we went from GR to SL to GO, so not really sure how getting DM will help.

In the meantime, we're just moving business away where possible. In fact, I have bought maybe just 2 or 3 long haul revenue tickets from cx since renewing Gold four months into my membership year. Next year, I might just go for silver then start flying other airlines.
If you are 200 points shy of hitting DM, wouldnt it make more sense to just fly on CX more and at least enjoy the benefits of being a DM?

Unfortunately the company seems to treat everyone like sh*t, I'm thankful that although a lot of the front liners have some misgivings about their company, they still manage to remain professional and treat their passengers well. I guess without them, there's pretty much no reason to remain loyal to CX.