FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:27 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Thank you everyone for the info in this thread! Just got our passports back with 10 year/60 day/multiple entry L visas today.

I used the FreeChinaVisa.org visa service mentioned upthread due to the price, submitted to the San Francisco consulate. A little hesitation over the name, but since I didn't see any negative posts here, went ahead with them. Everything went smoothly!

- Purchased trip on Delta.com to PEK (cheapest available on US carrier; probably doesn't matter but figured that would be easiest for cancellation) and booked hotel with both mine and my wife's name on the reservation. After printing out receipts/itinerary, canceled trip and pending charges dropped off the card within a couple of days.
- For the family block just put each other and no other relatives.
- Requested multiple entries valid for 10 years in the other field.
- Filled in the itinerary box with just the hotel/address for the entire 7 day period of the trip.
- Sent two 48mm x 33mm photos each per the photo requirements on the Chinese embassy website but noticed the visa service says 2"x2". Turned out not to be an issue and the second photo was returned with the passport.

Mailed 11/28, received by visa service 11/30, passports returned 12/5, received back 12/7. ^