FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences on UA with aborted takeoffs, landings, go-arounds, .... [Consolidated]
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:05 pm
tealeaf99

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
(I am just seeing this thread).

10/06/2016, UA 1699, IAH-SFO, B737-900, 6:25pm departure.

During the first take-off, the pilot slammed on the brakes. It sounded like we busted a tire, but apparently we did not. The pilot said that a cargo latch was not properly latched, and that we had to return to the gate.

After a while we were cleared for take-off again. During the second take-off, and just before going airborne, the pilot again slammed on the brakes. The pilot said that the cargo latch was still not properly latched?!

We had to wait for a gate to open. As the pax deplaned, there was chaos at the gate - lots of chaos. There was ONE UA gate agent to assist the pax.

To make a long story short, I called UA and got on the next departing IAH-SFO. UA (on the phone) did not want to offload me and book me on the next flight. They eventually did after I escalated the issue.