FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:33 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by GoPhils
I think RogerD's post was in reply to one implying that you haven't necessarily been "approved" for 4PM. Yes, "telling" not "asking" should help but there could still be properties that say no. Technically the guest would be in the right (unless it's a resort or convention hotel), but at best you're probably going to waste a bunch of time arguing about it if you leave the room and come back to find they've removed your stuff.
I agree you shouldn't have to fight to get the stated benefits, but when both parties don't agree on what those are, discussions can get heated. Plus, different jurisdictions have different laws regarding hotel guests "over staying" their reservation. Some can remove you and your items while others can't touch a thing. I can understand some properties being very strict about getting you out and hoping you don't know the local laws.