FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some questions for a March trip in Lauterbrunnen
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:36 am
greg5

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
To get from Lauterbrunnen to Lichtenstein in March you will have to take the Autobahn (Interlaken - Bern - Zurich - Mels), as all the mountain passes will be closed (unless an extremely unusually warm Winter and early Spring). We've seen them closed even in June.

If you plan to visit Gimmelwald anyways (and I highly second that idea), I would pick Mürren over Lauterbrunnen even in my sleep while dead drunk. The views from Mürren compared to Lauterbrunnen are like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia; maybe a Mayback to a Yugo. No, probably not - just a Mercedes to a Kia. Both can be satisfying, but one is significantly more so.

As for Lichtenstein, "to knock that country out"?? Either visit it, or don't. If all you want is a check-mark, make the check-mark. No one will know.
I'm pretty sure the Brünigpass stays open all-year. But, indeed, in a heavy snowstorm it could be closed for a bit requiring the detour mentioned.

Liechtenstein is pretty easy to visit, as it's just across the Rhein from the Autobahn on the way to München.