FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:06 pm
Twinmommy19

Originally Posted by edgewood49
wow things people will do for a free lunch
Actually - it's the other way around. My parents didn't remotely know from qualifying for brand loyalty status until they received a congratulatory email about their gold status last year and then Platinum due to a large amount of spending. Thank you to the person who added about the 15 nights just for having the CC. That explains further.

As much as we love the Hyatt in Aruba - with 2 year olds, we love space, a kitchen, and access to laundry more. So when my mom started using her timeshare bonus weeks to reserve units for my family of 4, my sister's family of 3, and a 3rd unit for the grandparents at Marriott Surf Club - we were happy to go (especially since we're not Hyatt Diamond and couldn't use the club at Hyatt.) That trip qualified my parents for tons of nights. I guess they also got 15 nights for having the CC. We also usually go to Marriott Fairway Villas through Interval for a couple long weekends because its close our house. The kids love Storybook Land which is nearby. This year, my mom reserved two 2BR units for all of us twice once again through II bonus weeks. Alas another 28 night credits. So you see, with their CC spending, this got the right in that Platinum range without going out of their way at all and also without taking very many Marriott trips.