FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus points for new LGA-BOS route
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:38 am
diburning

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I did a quick roundtrip mileage/points/Mosaic run this morning, and noticed a few things.

Originally Posted by jetsetter
1. Customers can pick up a simit (a turkish bread snack) upon entering the jetway in BOS and LGA for this route;
I didn't realize that the simit was in place of the snack service. I'd much rather have a small bag of cookies instead of the simit (which is pretty good, but would get very old very fast)

2. All customers are given free beer and wine, including 2-3 local regional beers on this route;
Is this still true? The crew charged for all alcohol on my trip this morning.

5. Gate to gate FlyFi is offered on this route with the E190;
The crews must still be reading from an old script because this is not announced, and they still announce that FlyFi is available once we hit 10kft.

I was on a recent flight where not all pax apparently got drink service. I think it helps if the f/as take the orders on the ground. I don't understand why more of the time they don't take orders on the ground especially in places with a longer taxi out or with shorter flights. That saves a lot of time in the air. On one of my LGA flights they took drink orders on the ground.
My seatmate asked for a coffee. He didn't even dissolve his sugar packets yet before they came by to take it from him The FA claimed that it was FAA regulation that all service items served on board must be collected.

It also appears that gate C11 is the permanent gate at BOS for LGA departures. I suppose it's so that they don't have to wheel the simits all over the place throughout the day.

I'm going out on another run this afternoon, and I'll post again if I observe any sort of difference in service.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 7, 2016 at 4:11 am