FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant Alert: What is the point of E+
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:38 am
boosh

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Rant Alert: What is the point of E+

Sequence of events followed by a rant. This is a bit long and I do apologies. A shorted version of the sequence of events will be in the post below.

Events:

11/11 - Booked a Y (non-flex) ticket GZP-IST-JFK-IST-CPH with a 22H layover in IST before the CPH flight. Called CC to use E+ voucher to upgrade GZP-IST-JFK and JFK-IST-CPH. Informed that would not be problem for GZP-IST-JFK but not possible for JFK-IST-CPH, apparently there were space on the JFK-IST leg so I assume it is because I could have taken an earlier flight out of IST. Who knows. When the CC agent came to apply the voucher he noticed my middle name was missing from the reservation and could therefor not apply the voucher . This is totally down to me, I have my browser set to autocomplete, I was in a hurry and should have checked. He informs me that if I fill out a feedback form they will be able to apply the voucher as I am, and I quote, "an Elite Plus member and there fore one of their most valued customers". yeah right. I am not.

A week later I call back to confirm some other details regarding the booking and also enquirer about the upgrade. Nothing confirmed but I have a reservation in J now so it is all beginning to look good.

2/12 - Still haven't heard back from CC but I get an email about a flight change, my GZP-IST flight has been cancelled and I have been re-booked on a flight on the same day but with a later departure that gets me into IST 6H AFTER my JFK departure!!!! I call up CC to resolve and offer to leave the day before as that seems the easiest to me and they don't have to mess around with the other flights. I now have a 16H layover in Istanbul, no hotel offered!!! I ask the agent if the upgrade will be applied to the new flight as well and he conforms this so I see no reason to cancel and re-book under my full name as I should have done from the beginning. Halfway through the process he says there is an IT error and asks me to call back in a few hours. I can't so...

4/12 In the domestic lounge in IST I ask the TK rep (or whatever they are) if the upgrade has been applied and she says no, there are no record of a voucher and anyways I can't use one voucher for GZP-IST-JFK as there is now to far between the departures. I duly inform her that is down to TK only. She seems very reluctant to help and after she has called her manager and spent another 10 min on her computer she suggest I use miles to upgrade or write yet another feedback from.

I have never used twitter but i sign up just to reach out to their social media team and they do get back to me within minutes saying they have passed it on to the relevant team, where I assume is has been sitting in pile all along.

My flights are coming up in a weeks time, I have run out of ideas of what to do, I can't seem to get a responsible adult on the phone and I have somewhat given up trying.

Rant:

I am feed up that everything seems to be a drawn out and difficult process, nothing is ever straight forward. I am left with a feeling of what is the point of maintaining my E+ with TK? Surely one of the benefits of that level should be that your issues are dealt with in a swift and competent manner. I am well aware that most other airlines have their issues as well but I am beginning to look elsewhere. I will happily give up my two annual vouchers to be with an airline that can recognize your loyalty and deal with your issues in a competent manner.

And yes, I do realize that I should have checked my booking, and yes I do know that this is a very Turkish approach to CC. I do live in Turkey and experience it elsewhere, and TK is by no means the worst, BUT, we are a group of travelers who have a choice in who we choose fly with and don't just choose whoever is the cheapest for the annual holiday to Marmaris or where ever. If TK is not wanting to keep that group happy, then what is the point in having an E+ level?

Rant over.