FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beach Resort for November Honeymoon in Thailand
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:04 pm
Anlun

Wow great comments everyone thanks! I appreciate the analysis of the "dated" comments. I think chinmoylad is right on the reviews that reference that aspect. I did research Iniala, and while it looked great, the style doesn't really fit our tastes (a bit too modern). MacMyDay I will go read your review of Iniala shortly, but is there anything that put it over the top for you over Amanpuri?

To help with the discussion, we don't have kids, we are in our late 20s (and enjoy socializing), and we intend to do some excursions (boat to explore islands, snorkeling, etc.).

A couple more questions to help me decide. For Amanpuri, we would probably go with the the Partial Ocean Pavilion. Is there any chance (or any anecdotal evidence) of an upgrade to an ocean view for our honeymoon? What sort of rooms are rooms 103-105? Some reviews mentioned the lack of television in the rooms. This isn't a big deal for us as we are not really big on tv, but just curious if this is still the case. Also For Amanpuri, anyone know the additional cost for excursions (going out on the boat, snorkeling).

Just so I know what's out there, is there anything else comparable to Amanpuri/Trisara on any of the other islands? We are not beholden to Phuket.

Thanks again everyone!