FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:55 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by winebug
Confirming. Same thing for me this morning. Hertz going down the drain?

Hertz had a vague public announcement a while ago saying they would do things to improve their profitability.

Renting different places every week. My experience is Hertz has been increasing their prices over the last 9 months, removing it's PC's, reducing visual CDP price benefit, and starting today it seems cutting its CDP rates from public scrutiny.

Some CDP's still work if you register them in a gold plus profile. I checked. Amex Plat for example 633306 not working for public but working when registered in profile. Today, 633306 in profile is as expensive as the public rate.
In profile I have 3 CDP's I regularly used, for which Hertz now warns they are "invalid". Among them Accor Platinum, with who they have an ongoing status match, and Hilton Diamond. YMMV

Sent a customer service complaint a while ago to Hertz customer service. Over the last year, went from average 14.76 equivalent per day to 28.62 per day for weekly rentals. That is not a normal hike. Hertz said in writing it is privileging better rates without CDP, when booking direct with them without CPD.

15 years of Hertz, Europcar or Avis will get my 2017 rentals.
I tried CDP 633306 (Amex Plat EMEA) just now without logging in at Hertz.com and it worked just fine. Maybe there was some sort of outage when you tried last time?