FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How friendly is DL with mis-connects from other airlines?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:18 pm
lamprey

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks all for the pointers. Sadly, I'm told from colleagues that calling the agency that booked me will be my most expensive and least-helpful option. But perhaps this is where a decent insurance policy will keep me from eating those costs personally, assuming that the reason for the misconnect (and the fact that it isn't a true connection) is covered.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does the organization provide travel insurance or will it buy travel insurance for you?

BTW, for where you're going, you should have emergency medical evacuation coverage.
It's entitlement R&R travel through the USG, so any change fees are all on me if the itinerary I requested falls through. I'd also have to get my own insurance, which is where I'm leaning now. I do have perhaps some of the best medevac options in the world though through work, but I hope to not try it out

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
OP - is everything on the same PNR? If so I would check with the agency that booked you regarding what IRROPs protections are and how they, as the booking agent, can provide you with primary IRROPs service.
Sadly, no, it's a Frankenstein's Monster of a ticket because of Fly America constraints. So it's 4 different PNRs as we make our way on this trip, but mercifully this is the only time we connect between two different airlines on a single day.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's not DL, but KLM who'll be making an exception on DoD. I wouldn't call DL and mention Emirates at all. They don't even interline and are the worst of friends.
I really would call KLM, even if it's a DL ticket and we connect in AMS on DL metal to the US and beyond?