FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting out of endless GMail & Yahoo verification loops
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:42 pm
gfunkdave
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ksen22
And I am asking yet again, how does one get this list of codes?
'
The Google Authenticator App would need an android phone to run; that phone would be linked to one Gmail account. So how do I retrieve authentication codes for multiple Gmail accounts from that one phone?

Is there no way to change the authentication process in Gmail to answering a secret question only and doing away with phones and codes altogether?
Secret questions are essentially second passwords and are no more secure than a standalone password. This is why Google doesn't support them.

Further down this thread someone posted a link to get the printable codes.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the authenticator app needs an Android phone, or that the Authenticator app is linked to only one account. Neither of these is true. While you'll find that people on Flyertalk tend to be very helpful, we tend to be more inclined to help people who do their part of research and ask for help when they're stuck.

There are versions of Google Authenticator available for iOS and Android. You can also use any other authenticator app if you don't want to use Google's. I believe Microsoft and Facebook have them too. they use a pretty standard protocol (whose name I forget). Personally, I like Authy because you can use it on multiple devices.