FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beach Resort for November Honeymoon in Thailand
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Anlun
I've read through the forums and I have heard that the big debate is between Amanpuri or Trisara. I did not include Trisara because of the beach and because from what I understand Trisara has the better room, but the service and overall resort is nothing amazing. Is there anything similar to Amanpuri in terms of quality? I'm not against Amanpuri but from what I understand, Amanpuri can be a little dated and it seems very well known (and perhaps touristy/crowded).
Originally Posted by Musken
Amanpuri is not dated. It is classy, grand, monumental, typical Thai and just beautiful. It is not modern in itīs design, but that is not what you want in Thailand.
Thanks Musken .
Was hoping you would chime in !
Trying to keep my cool with the uninitiated , important on FT or anywhere

The latest phase of villas is rather contemporary - almost fort like - though the interiors are thankfully unmistakably Aman even with up to date gadgets & owners ' " stamp "

Glad to say that royalty & similar still find it best to take refuge here , along with others who do not take to crowds . Still somewhere we can chill without being bothered by the ..