FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK alternatives with in cabin dogs
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:22 pm
bhomburg

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
Thanks I will look on pet thread. But just to confirm 1. UA hasn't flown NRT-BKK for years. ANA code shares. 2. KE/DL combo means $200 twice. 3. 5kg total is a problem. Dog is 13lb. Annoying they don't allow their usual 7kg carry on allowance. 4. Yes I have checked. Thailand allows entry. Requires docs of course.
The pet travel forum had a very recent thread from someone trying to get to ICN with a larger-than-5kg dog. Much of what's discussed there applies to you, especially the part about having to go via Europe as there's no airlines allowing carryon pets heavier than 5kgs to BKK transpacific.

KE charges 'only' $150 for carry-on pets intra-Asia. And in my experience they aren't sticklers about the weight limit. Plus, you'd be just connecting (DL should be able to check you in all the way and print your onward BP). With no visit to a landside check-in counter, chances that your dog will be weighed are rather slim. It's a risk, though.

No way around paying the fee twice in any scenario except you drove to DFW and went on LH via Europe DFW-FRA-BKK all on one ticket. This would cost all of $100 in pet fees.