FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:43 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ah, so you send MO via USPS to CC bank? Not a bad idea. Though the extra step and hassle is still annoying. As for the clerks at my other bank, they just always act surprised that I'm depositing MOs. If I could spread out 6-8k per month, then I would try that again. Maybe I need to open an account at credit union. How many do you deposit and it what intervals?
I like mailing them as payments on my Amex cards for a couple reasons. First, Amex doesn't seem to care about how you pay your bill, where as its reported Chase doesn't like MO deposits/payments, or paying cards by multiple payment methods. Second, the Amex payment PO box for my cards is in Dallas, so mailed payments post very quickly for me (generally 2 days). Payment times for my Citi card accounts is very erratic, it's been as quick as a couple days to as long as a week because they go to a Phoenix, AZ PO box.

I'd recommend opening a different bank account, I opened one this time last year mostly to deposit MOs into and also get a new account cash bonus. I'll do 2-3 MOs (usually total deposit is $1500-2000 depending on size of the MO) at a time a couple times a month per account. I also will transfer money in and out of the account as needed so that the patterns look somewhat like "normal" usage.