FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:31 pm
villox

Programs: UA GS
I won't bother posting pictures since I think there's plenty out there already, but I do have some new observations/updates to add:

- Tipping etiquette was a bit unclear at first, but it does appear people are tipping so we started to.
- There are a lot of staff taking care of you, and it's not just Sodexo/United type people, but it's not to the extent where you never need to go to the bar.
- The bartenders are definitely more mixologist type bartenders with a lot of care for the drinks/craft cocktails. I can't remember ever seeing this in any Airport lounge, ever. They're dressed in vests with newsboy caps. Very classy.
- The concierge was walking around offering his services and said "feel free to be creative". I'm heading to MUC for just the weekend and we were thinking of going to Salzburg for an afternoon so I asked him to suggest the top things we can do for 5-7 hours accessible from the train station. A little while later I had an email with some recommendations and a top-rated tour. It appears to be outsourced to a company called Circle Company Associates. Nothing I couldn't google but I'm sure people more used to using Concierge services could request something more creative.
- at 5pm the lounge was PACKED for about 20 minutes. Out of seats with people circling. I guess this would diminish over time as people spend less time here and the excitement wanes but I'd expect the 6pm flights to have the toughest time. It was empty from 2-4. During the summer months with the seasonal flights this could become a problem.
- The temporary food is not really substantial at all. I'm not sure why they couldn't bring over some lasagna from the United Clubs in the interim, but for now it's just some salmon on toasts, some salad, and a few cold dishes. Obviously just a temporary problem though...If food isn't ready in 9 days when I'm back I'll eat beforehand.
- There is no indication you can get pajamas in the lounge, apparently this is just something they're thinking about doing. But it would seem they would still only do it for the 12 hour flights even if they did hand them out. No loophole!

I have a bit of whiplash going from the temporary C club a couple months ago to this experience. It's really great and can't wait for it to be fully operational.