FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:00 pm
lailai88

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Can you clarify what exactly you did? If you applied and were approved, then you have already reset the clock. If you have not applied, does the application have the 24-month language?

I'm in the process of buying a plane ticket and while I was in the shopping cart for the ticket, there was just a generic offer for the 40kmi/ $100 statement credit for $3k spend. It was not a targeted ad that I got in an email or in the physical mail. I was, however, logged into my AA account, but I don't know if that makes a difference. I applied online and was told to call a number to check in on my application. After speaking to the agent, it turns out I wasn't immediately qualified (hence having to call) was because they wanted to know if I wanted to move around some credit balance from my other Citi card (I have another Citi card, a cash rewards card that I got like 12 years ago that I still use to this day). I was all but approved but I wanted to read up on the card and asked them to put my app on hold for the time being.

So then I called back later asking to make sure that I'd still receive the bonuses even though I had closed a Citi Aadvntage card in June 2015 (which is within the 24 month timeframe). She said that she could see that I had closed that card, but that the offer still showed as being available on my application, so she said that it looks like I'll still get the bonus. But I don't have this in writing per se, what I do have is that when I applied for the card online, it said very plainly that if I had opened or closed an Aadvantage card within the last 24 months, that the bonuses won't go thru.

I don't want to gamble here, and would rather just wait the 6 months until I'm in the clear of the 24 months to apply again and see what bonuses will be available at that time.

Also, even though I was "approved," I can still call back and say that I don't want the card after all, right? Does that reset the clock?