FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:22 pm
tomwhom

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by EWR764
I can't think of many international J lounges better than this one. There are definitely a few out there (setting aside the true F lounges) but the design, amenities and F&B put the PL in pretty rarefied air, IMO.

United got this one right. Hopefully they can maintain this level of quality over the long term and resist the urge to start cutting costs.
Agree. Since all my flights are TPAC and at least 80% transit in NRT, I used to love ANA's business lounge a lot more than UC at NRT. Now to me, current UC is in a striking distance with ANA's lounge all things considered, just imagine the new Polaris in NRT by end of next year! One thing ANA shines is the noodle bar while UA's sushi offering is more superb. Also UA provides ready eat fresh fruits and bananas while ANA only has canned fruit salad. I have visited ANA first class lounge at HND and it's really great though, way better than its business lounge.

Food wise for all other Asian lounges so far I have visited, TG's BKK business lounge is underwhelmed so is Air China's PEK business lounge. Three standouts to me are HKG's SQ's lounge and BR's TPE and BKK lounges. I'm really puzzled why TG's business lounge food offering is so weak considering food in BKK is so delicious and cheap!

I will Fly ANA first in 3 weeks and UA first in 6 weeks via ICN, I will try ANA"s first lounge in NRT and some ICN lounges, I guess my PP card provided lounges may be better.