FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sthala, Ubud, Bali, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:25 pm
fdem
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Press release on it yesterday...

http://news.marriott.com/2016/11/ind...tel-ubud-bali/

Cat 3. Also noticed there's a special opening offer on the property's website. IDR 1,100,000 rate (and some other rates a bit higher). Seems to be double SPG points through March (well the website says 2016, but I assume they mean 2017).

Hotel website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/tribut...language=en_US

I didn't see this (below) on the website (from the wiki above), so don't know if that's still accurate. I may have been looking in the wrong part of the website though.

"Until further notice, the spa and business center are not available. Please contact the hotel for further information."

Also, the property runs a complimentary shuttle to central Ubu from 9-5 it seems.

Cheers.
Just completed a 5 night stay here, great little boutique fitting for a town like Ubud. You wouldn't want to see any massive sheratons here.
A few observations:

Great value for money under 100 US dollars per night. Rooms very modern but on the compact side, suites not completed, but very modern and functional, same for the bathrooms.
Breakfast included for all with small cold buffet and hot items to,order from the menu.
We only ate once in the evening, however that was due to such low occupancy, we just felt a little isolated which was a shame as the food was excellent and not too expensive for a hotel.
Hotel provided complimentary transport every few hours to and from Ubud. Last return to hotel was 7.30pm so would be good if once occupancy increases they could add a later return shuttle as getting a cab after 10pm was challenging.
There were 2 pools both adequate for a swim plenty of sunloungers.

Common parts were modern Asian, very stylish.

Platinum treatment was good. We were upgraded to a river view (no suites ready yet) we took the 500 points as breakfast was included.

The staff were fantastic, very efficient and we felt as if we were coming home each time we returned.

Easy to access tourist sites from Ubud. Would recommend booking a car with driver around 50 US per day including petrol.

All in all a great place to spend a few days, maybe combine with a few days on the coast, currently at the Laguna Nusa Dua.

Any queries do email me.