FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Las Vegas, NV (co-located with the SLS Tribute Las Vegas) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:53 pm
HHonors OUTSIDER

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I checked out of SLS around 1230 and walked over to the W. There was already a long line, with only 3 check in spots, but at first only one person working. They brought out a couple more, but they all were unfamiliar with the computer system and SPG process, so it took a while, but on opening day maybe I'll give them a pass.

Pretty weak SPG recognition here, though. No room upgrade even though there were a fair number of better rooms bookable, $32/night resort fee which includes nothing, and no breakfast option. SLS at least gave out two drink coupons. The property is still fundamentally the Sahara at the extreme north end of the strip, despite a refurbishment; it is all new and expensive but not actually luxurious or functional, and a lot of the rooms are small (not tiny, but smaller than anyone would do in a new property in Las Vegas especially at this price point).

Probably worth it for $50-80/night plus $32, but not above. I had a 6 night stay and dropped it down to 1; I'd rather just pay 3k points on a weekend at the four points where I had a cockroach problem, at least when I'm staying alone and leaving at 6am every day.
Thank you for the review. I don't think there is much hope for this property. They should be trying to impress right out of the gate. They surely had enough time to prepare.